See past the glare and into the Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll’s life away from the spotlight in TINA – The Tina Turner Musical from March 5 to 10 LIVE at the Moran Theatre! In this critically acclaimed biographical presentation directed by Phyllida Lloyd, audiences will get to know the tenacious Anna Mae Bullock — the true identity of the GRAMMY Award-winning legend who helped shape rock music into what it is today. The show features a book collaborated upon by Pulitzer Prize recipient Katori Hall, Frank Ketelaar, and Kees Prins, chronicling the summit of the singer’s superstardom and the trenches of her darkest tragedies. With classic hits such as “Better Be Good to Me” and “Private Dancer” punctuating the story’s emotional beats, this event will rend your soul through the breathtaking vocal performances of lead stars Ari Groover and Parris Lewis from the North American production’s second year on tour. Get your TINA – The Tina Turner Musical tickets today!
TINA – The Tina Turner Musical Tickets
“Euphoric, moving, and totally joyous.” – People Magazine
“I’ve rarely heard an audience with this mighty a roar.” – The New York Times
Embarked on its 2024 touring season, the jukebox musical that stunned Broadway sets out to visit 22 North American cities, unleashing unbridled energy and emotion for all to adore. So raise your cheers and demand some encores from March 5 to 10 in TINA – The Tina Turner Musical LIVE at the Moran Theatre in Jacksonville, Florida!
A critically acclaimed celebration dedicated to the Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll’s life and music, this theatrical biography is directed by the esteemed Phyllida Lloyd and informed by a book from the collaboration of Pulitzer Prize winner Katori Hall, Frank Ketelaar, and Kees Prins.
Let rock music history unfold right before your eyes in a saga of passions and prejudice that stemmed from the dreams of one Anna Mae Bullock. From her rural roots in Nutbush, TN, to the crown of her career as the global superstar Tina Turner, this daring musical will take you on a three-hour journey that will illuminate the corners of the artist’s life beyond the spotlight, inspiring audiences with her steely-eyed determination. What does it take to become a legend? And how much can someone endure for the sake of this pursuit?
“The music is fantastic, the staging is deluxe, the central figure is a cultural icon.” – Variety
TINA – The Tina Turner Musical faithfully recreates the rockstar’s most invincible and most vulnerable moments, carefully examining them through the lens of her relationships and spirituality. All in all, this exhibition is a brave retelling of Tina’s true story with not one punch held back, set to a rafter-raising soundtrack of her greatest hits, such as “Better Be Good to Me,” “A Fool in Love,” “Private Dancer,” and “What’s Love Got to Do with It?”
- Ari Groover and Parris Lewis as Tina Turner
- Deon Releford-Lee as Ike Turner
- Wydetta Carter as Gran Georgeanna
- Roz White as Zelma Bullock
- Sarah Bockel as Rhonda
- Daelyanna Kelly Benson and Natalia Nappo as Young Alline/Young Craig
- Antonio Beverly as Ronnie/Ensemble
- Aliyah Caldwell, Takia Hopson, and Kendall Leshanti as Ikettes/Ensemble
- Brianna Cameron and Symphony King as Young Anna Mae
- Max Falls as Erwin Bach/Ensemble
- Andre Hinds as Craig/Ensemble
- Gigi Lewis as Alline/Ikette/Ensemble
- Eric Siegle as Phil Spector/Ensemble
- Rowan Vickers as John Carpenter/Ensemble
- Dylan S. Wallach as Roger Davies/Farmer/Ensemble
- Kristopher Stanley Ward as Richard Bullock/Club Announcer/Ensemble
- Gerard M. Williams as Raymond/Ensemble
Supporting our main actors is a highly trained team of swings, ensembles, and understudies introducing Ben Bogen (Assistant Dance Captain), Karen Burthwright (Dance Captain), Andrew Eckert, Gordia Hayes, Crystal Joy, Nia Nelson-Williams, Shari Washington Rhone, Christine Suddeth, and Sir Brock Warren.
“Tina said she could do all things. I am a rockstar. I am a mother. I am a sister. I am a friend. She is the definition of a true woman to me, and I love her because her grace is not necessarily pretty. It’s powerful,” Ari Groover shared in an interview with BroadwayWorld.
- Katori Hall – Book
- Frank Ketelaar & Kees Prins – Book
- Phyllida Lloyd – Director
- Anthony Van Laast – Choreographer
- Mark Thompson – Set & Costume Designer
- Nicholas Skilbeck – Original Music Supervision, Arrangements, and Additional Music
- Bruno Poet – Lighting Designer
- Nevin Steinberg – Sound Designer
- Jeff Sugg – Projection Designer
- Campbell Young Associates – Hair, Wigs & Make Up Designer
- Alvin Hough Jr. and Anne Shuttlesworth – Music Directors
- Ethan Popp – Orchestrator
- The Telsey Office – Casting
- Eric Sprosty – Production Stage Manager
- Stage Entertainment, Tali Pelman, and James L. Nederlander – Producers
TINA – The Tina Turner Musical officially debuted in 2018 at the Aldwych Theatre of West End, London. In his review for The Daily Telegraph, Dominic Cavendish lauded the show as a “slickly choreographed, beautifully designed, and roof-raisingly well-sung tour de force,” a sentiment shared by critics from other such distinguished publications. It also received three nominations from the Laurence Olivier Awards, winning one for Best Actor in a Musical.
The London production’s smashing success would later originate a Broadway show in 2019, with previews in October and the official premiere a month later in November. Building on the success of its West End predecessor, it garnered two Drama Desk Awards, five Outer Critics Circle Award honors, and a Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actress.
“To answer the most pressing question: the hits are there, and they are glorious.” – The Guardian
“So uncanny it feels like you have time traveled to this 1988 show and are watching the real Tina Turner live.” – Rolling Stone
International runs across Australia, Spain, the Netherlands, and Germany would later pop up, partaking in this monumental commemoration of the rock and roll icon who inspired generations with her talent and tenacity. Today, the North American production does the same, marking its second consecutive year on tour.
LIVE at the Moran Theatre of the Jacksonville Center for the Performing Arts, a true story unlike anything you’ve ever known will reverberate across the city, the sky, and into your soul in its exclusive engagement from March 5 to 10. Reserve your seats now and join the jukebox jams of TINA – The Tina Turner Musical!